AI and ML Change Customer Service's Future
FREMONT, CA: Customers are now at the center of smart businesses when it comes to public brand understanding. Tables have turned these days as consumers have a powerful voice—all thanks to the internet. A few trends affecting customer expectations include:
1. Social Media: People are always connected to feed of live updates, breaking news, and automated notifications. According to surveys, 66 percent of consumers expect a response to their query about a product or a service on the same day and over 40 percent expect a reply within an hour.
2. Changes in Online World: Consumers have little patience when organizations cannot resolve their queries. End-users expect information to be at companies’ fingertips—from stock information to delivery dates and customer records.
3. “Always On” Culture: We are always connected through smartphones and over the years, we’ve grown used to being able to find the information we need. Customers these days do not anticipate breaking the habit of continuous upgradation.
AI-Enhanced Software Changing Customer Service:
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) have the potential to take customer service on autopilot because it blends “intelligence” with “automation”. From ordering food to booking appointments, automation plays a significant role in satisfying customers. According to several experts, almost 85 percent of customer service interactivities could be automated by 2020. Processes by which AI changes customer services are:
1) Preemptive Problem Solving: With the assistance of AI agents, any customer can easily add conversational interfaces to even the most inert content. A dynamic problem-solving method makes customer service satisfactory.
2) 24/7 Customer Service: AI can quickly construct from the heap of extensive information to answer recurring questions. After deploying the software on web portals, it can be used to deliver emails, chats, and also phone-based customer support services.
3) Chatbots: Chatbots are the rare combination of the power of natural language processing and the wisdom of AI. Chatbots can answer customer queries round-the-clock through an instant messaging interface by initiating as well as sustaining a conversation.
4) New Contact Centers: By blending Artificial Intelligence and natural language processing, listening to customer interactions has become flawless. Moreover, officials no longer require expertise in all processes and products, which makes the shuffling of the workforce easier.