Cellebrite Includes Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Investigations Solution to its Digital Intelligence Platform
Cellebrite’s Crypto Tracer Solution Gives Investigators Unparalleled Visibility into Cryptocurrency Movement
FREMONT, CA: Cellebrite, a global leader in Digital Intelligence (DI)solutions for public and private sectors, has announced the introduction of Cellebrite Crypto Tracer, a new comprehensive cryptocurrency investigation, a solution designed to accelerate investigations involving blockchain technology and cryptocurrency. The solution, powered byCipherTrace, features robust and easy-to-use tools, investigation services, and training programs formulated for investigators, analysts, and non-technical agents. The solution enables teams to lawfully obtain evidence and trace criminals who use bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for illicit activities, such as money laundering, terrorism, human trafficking, drug, weapon sales, and ransomware schemes.
Each year, an estimated $76 billion of illegal activities involve Bitcoin. Approximately one hundred percent of darknet market transactions, including the sale of ransomware, illegal drugs, and phishing kits, involve cryptocurrencies, in large part due to their ease of transacting online and across borders. Their perceived anonymity may have furthered the use of cryptocurrencies among criminals. Transactions are recorded on the blockchain, a public ledger, allowing anyone to see the transactions though not the identities of those executing the said transactions.
Cellebrite Crypto Tracer Solution:
The Cellebrite Crypto Tracer Solution is curated to reveal illicit transactions with the help of cryptocurrencies and allows investigators to aggregate and curate millions of open source and private references, deception data, and human intelligence, leading to a dataset of over 522 million attributable points. These data points give investigators complete visibility into the lifespan of cryptocurrency transactions, including the origination of the money and where it went, in both wallets and exchanges. Graphic mapping and color-coded threat level transactions improve the visualization and understanding of the activities and accelerate investigators' abilities to locate primary and associated criminal activity and its perpetrators.
Powered by CipherTrace Inspector, one of the most comprehensive cryptocurrency intelligence tools, the Cellebrite Crypto Tracer Solution gives investigators the ability to:
• Conduct Risk Scoring: Profile hundreds of worldwide exchanges, ATMs, mixers, gambling services, money laundering systems, and known criminal addresses and assign risk levels to transactions.
• Utilize a Blockchain Search Engine: Enter a cryptocurrency address or transaction ID into an intuitive search bar that will auto-complete long addresses.
• Show a Deep Analysis of Potential Risks: Non-technical users can visualize transaction flows to follow the virtual money trails without becoming a cryptocurrency or blockchain expert.
• Leverage a Massive Transaction Database: Help the users to understand interactions with a powerful graph that traces the flow of funds over time and through the blockchain ecosystem.
• Demonstrate High-Quality Advanced Attribution: Best entity typologies and attribution collection ways are easily identifiable within Inspector.
• Operate with Integrated Case Management: Offers investigators a convenient way to save research, export investigation reports, replay searches, and collaborate with others involved in the investigation.
Also enclosed in Cellebrite Crypto Tracer:
• Cryptocurrency Investigation Services: The Cellebrite Advanced Services (CAS) team administers the criminal and civil cryptocurrency fraud investigations for law enforcement and corporations. Cellebrite certified forensics experts use advanced techniques to bring the financial cybercrime and fraud schemes in front by analyzing cryptocurrency artifacts and giving the investigative teams with detailed documentation and insights via analyst level reports.
• Cryptocurrencies Investigation Training: A 3-day course in best-practices for cryptocurrency investigation techniques. The class teaches investigators the ways to use CipherTrace Inspector to extract and analyze evidence about individuals committing crimes leveraging cryptocurrencies.
"It has long been assumed that blockchain and cryptocurrency transactions remain untraceable and unknown," says Leeor Ben-Peretz, Chief Strategy Officer, Cellebrite. "This is a misconception. As a matter of fact, the essence of blockchain is to indelibly keep a record of each step of every transaction. We're enabling investigative teams to extract this information and use the power of Digital Intelligence to aid them in interpreting the data needed to identify illicit blockchain activity and keep communities safe."
"We're very excited to offer our best-in-class cryptocurrency tracing and blockchain analytic capabilities to enhance Cellebrite's Digital Intelligence, training and investigative services," says Stephen Ryan, COO of CipherTrace. "As criminals increasingly utilize cryptocurrencies in their illicit activity, our partnership with Cellebrite will be that much more important to making the digital world a safer place."