Choosing the Best CRM for a Manufacturer
Though CRM’s have become the new buzzword for companies, manufacturers aren’t seeing it as a utility for businesses because they believe that their revenues are from existing customers or repeat sales. For them, a CRM is nothing but an electronic Rolodex.
Though the word CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management, it includes every aspect of sales and customer support:
• The database has information about present customers, vendors, prospects, the point of sales and accounting.
• CRMs track website metrics and lead generation efforts.
• CRMs have email functions to organize lead nurturing.
• Reporting is provided to track competitors, performance and forecast sales.
• CRMs personalize the experience for customers and leads.
How to Select the Best CRM for Manufacturers:
Gather a cross-functional team that includes people from the sales, marketing, and other areas that would use the solution because these are the people who will have a better idea of the current system and ask the following:
• Understand the current workflow which also includes the bottlenecks.
• Analyze reports and ask the members to point out areas for improvement.
• Determine how the performance of marketing, sales assets, team and individual performance is measured.
• Develop systems and software with which CRMs can integrate and communicate.
• Calculate current processes, so that a benchmark is set to measure the impact of a CRM system.
This will help you find potential solutions as it will narrow your selections. Once you are prepared, start conservations with CRM companies. A good CRM vendor provides valuable insights and suggests the best ways to solve problems. Ask vendors to coordinate with your team and create business cases using CRM solutions.
STULZ and TSI Join Hands to Design Modular Data Center Solutions
By Tom Farrah, CIO & SVP, Dr Pepper Snapple Group
By George Evans, CIO, Singing River Health System
By John Kamin, EVP and CIO, Old National Bancorp
By Phil Jordan, CIO, Telefonica
By Elliot Garbus, VP-IoT Solutions Group & GM-Automotive...
By Dennis Hodges, CIO, Inteva Products
By Bill Krivoshik, SVP & CIO, Time Warner Inc.
By Gregory Morrison, SVP & CIO, Cox Enterprises
By Alberto Ruocco, CIO, American Electric Power
By Sam Lamonica, CIO & VP Information Systems, Rosendin...
By Sven Gerjets, SVP-IT, DIRECTV
By Marie Blake, EVP & CCO, BankUnited
By Lowell Gilvin, Chief Process Officer, Jabil
By Walter Carvalho, VP & Corporate CIO, Carnival Corporation
By Mary Alice Annecharico, SVP & CIO, Henry Ford Health System
By Bernd Schlotter, President of Services, Unify
By Bob Fecteau, CIO, SAIC
By Jason Alan Snyder, CTO, Momentum Worldwide
By Jim Whitehurst, CEO, Red Hat
By Marc Jones, Distinguished Engineer, IBM Cloud Infrastructure