CollabNet Releases TeamForge 8.0 with a New Modern User Interface
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA: CollabNet, known for open Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), announces TeamForge 8.0, a major release of its flagship platform which includes a new modern user interface that simplifies and streamlines user workflow, and offers enhanced planning, visibility and reporting for increasingly complex software development environments.
Enterprises can now easily adopt, manage and govern many of the leading open-source tools in use today, including Git/Gerrit, Binary Artifact Management, Test Management, Nexus and Review Board. “Successfully scaling Agile, Continuous Delivery and DevOps requires a balance of allowing teams to use their favorite tools while also ensuring visibility and governance by the organization to manage growing complexity,” says Bill Portelli, co-founder and CEO of CollabNet. “From a new user interface and advanced reporting to tool integration, TeamForge 8.0 allows teams to work the way they want, while leaders can better plan and manage to achieve real strategic differentiation.”
Enhancements to TeamForge 8.0 include:
- Enterprise-ready Git Management: TeamForge provides full Git history protection to avoid data loss. Now, large-scale adoption is made easier with full Role-based Access Controls at the site, project, repository and branch levels. Controls extend to all users in the enterprise, as well as guests and even anonymous users. New Quality Gates for Gerrit help specify exact conditions so new code changes can be quickly merged into production. Any corporate policy, such as “four eye principle,” legal review and purely automated delivery pipeline, can now be codified and enforced. Teams can select out-of-the-box workflows or design custom policies as easily as defining Outlook filter rules. All policies are automatically enforced and audited.
- Advanced Reporting: TeamForge introduces its powerful unified reporting that allows organizations to intuitively create customized reports based on unique needs. It delivers both standard and customized reporting to quickly distill insights needed to improve performance and drive output.
- Intelligent Data Collection and Analytics: TeamForge automatically collects data across the tool chain and makes it available for reporting, tracking and analysis to enable higher quality and accelerated time-to-market.
- Project Teams: TeamForge brings team-level views of releases and project activities that are critical for Agile initiatives that include widely distributed teams. It also provides complete context around daily jobs, backlogs, releases and sprints.
- Test Management: TeamForge now integrates with TestLink, an open-source test management tool to create test case trackers and associates them with requirements, and stores test cases and ties test plans to builds.
- Binary Repository Management: TeamForge now extends its best-in-class traceability features to include binary artifacts. Using Nexus, it speeds the movement of applications through the development, test and build lifecycles.