CONNECTIONSTM 2017 to feature keynotes from Comcast, Cox Communications, Intel, and Vivint Smart Home
Dallas, TX, March 1, 2017 — IoT research firm Parks Associates announced today that executives from Comcast, Cox Communications, Intel, and Vivint Smart Home will deliver the keynote addresses at the 21st-annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference on May 23-25, 2017, in San Francisco. The conference examines the use cases and emerging business models that will successfully engage consumers and grow revenues in the converging IoT industries, including smart home, connected entertainment, and mobile ecosystems.
“More than one-fourth of U.S. broadband households now own a smart home device, and nearly three-fourths have an Internet-connected entertainment device,” said Elizabeth Parks, Senior Vice President, Parks Associates. “CONNECTIONS™ is the only event to take a holistic view of IoT innovations as they impact consumer behavior and the opportunities they create for businesses to realize new revenues in these evolving and overlapping ecosystems. Our attendees will benefit from insights from industry leaders Comcast, Cox Communications, Intel, and Vivint Smart Home in their efforts to increase consumer adoption and engagement.”
This year’s event, which will be held at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport, will include the following keynote speakers:
- Matt Eyring, Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer, Vivint Smart Home
- Kristine Faulkner, Senior Vice President / General Manager, COX Homelife, Cox Communications
- Miles Kingston, GM of Smart Home, Intel
- Sridhar Solur, Senior Vice President, Product & Development for Xfinity Home, Internet of Things and Data Services, Comcast
“In the 20-plus years that Parks Associates has hosted CONNECTIONS™, the connected home has evolved from a high-end concept toward a mass-market opportunity with incredible revenue potential but also challenges and barriers to adoption,” Parks said. “Today, high-profile market disruptions are emerging as a result of broadband adoption and smartphone usage, which are also changing consumer expectations for their connectivity solutions. This year’s CONNECTIONS™ will examine in depth new business strategies for the IoT and ways to personalize each consumer experience to maximize value.”
- Innovations in Entertainment Services
- Auto Industry Transformation - Lessons and Opportunities for IoT Players
- Connected CE Strategies: Building Product Ecosystems
- Connected Entertainment Next Stages of Growth
- Connected Health and IoT: Next Stages of Growth
- Energy Management Solutions: Moving the Market Forward
- From Hospital to Home: Partnering for Success
- Independent Living and Caregiving Market
- Industry Insights: The Evolution of the Business of Entertainment
- Insurance Strategies for Disruptive Consumer IoT Markets
- Integrating Connected Health into the Smart Home
- IoT and the Smart Home – Investments; Start-ups; and Growth
- IoT Monetization Models: Building a Mass-market Smart Home
- Protecting Consumers: Privacy and Device Security
- Smart Home and IoT: Insights: Growth and Business Models
- Smart Home and IoT: Distribution and Channel Strategies
- Smart Home and IoT: Next Stages of Growth
- Smart Home Platforms: Revolutionizing the Consumer Experience
- Tech Support: Big Data to Power the User Experience
- The Future for the Connected Consumer
- Emergence of Virtual Reality – Platforms; Services; and Content
Parks Associates is also hosting three pre-show research workshops on May 23:
- Smart Home and IoT: Growth, Consumer Trends
- Connected Health and IoT: Technology Innovators and Disruptions
- Connected Entertainment: Evolving Platforms and Services
Event sponsors include Intel, Vivint Smart Home, Asurion, Greenwave Systems, Alarm.com, Centercode, Support.com, ULE Alliance, Arrayent, Ayla Networks, Whisker Labs, Z-Wave, HomeAdvisor, MivaTek, Nortek Security & Control, and leakSMART™.
Event supporters include Antenna, B2 Group, BayPay Forum, Best Web Design Agencies, bestseos.com, CIOReview, Conference Guru, Council, CrowdReviews.com, Digital Entertainment Group, FierceCable, FierceOnlineVideo, FierceTelecom, FierceWireless, FierceWireless Tech, Finpro, HomeGrid Forum, Innovation & Tech Today, Intergetic Forum, IoT Consortium, ISE Magazine, MoCA, Open Connectivity Foundation, Payments & Cards Network, PharmaVoice, Smart Grid Spain, TelcoProfessionals, Telecompaper, Topseos.com, Visibility Magazine, and Wi-FI Alliance.
To registerfor the 21st-annual CONNECTIONS™ conferenceor the pre-show research workshops, please visit http://bit.ly/CONNUSregistration. To schedule an interview with an analyst or request specific research, contact Holly Sprague at firstname.lastname@example.org, 720.987.6614.
The bane of IoT
By Pete V. Sattler, VP-IT & CIO, International Flavors &...
By Benjamin Beberness, CIO, Snohomish County PUD
By Gary Watkins, CIO of IT Shared Services, KAR Auction...
By Tonya Jackson, VP Global Supply Chain, Lexmark
By Chad Lindbloom, CIO, C.H. Robinson
By Ryan Fay, CIO, ACI Specialty Benefits
By Kris Holla, VP& CSO, Nortek, Inc.
By Shawn Wiora, CIO & CISO, Creative Solutions In Healthcare
By Michael Alcock, Director-CIO Executive Programs &...
By Jeff Bauserman, VP-Information Systems & Technology,...
By Wes Wright, CTO, Sutter Health
By Peter Ambs, CIO, City of Albuquerque
By Mark Ziemianski, VP of Business Analytics, Children's...
By Jonathan Alboum, CIO, The United States Department of...
By Ryan Billings, MS, MBA, Executive Director, Digital...
By Christina Clark, Managing Principal, Cresa
By Evan Abrams, Associate, Steptoe & Johnson LLP
By Holly Baumgart, Vice President-Information Technology,...
By Melissa Douros, Director of Digital Product Management,...
By Andrew Palmer, SVP & Chief Information Officer, U.S....