Email Security Solutions
Email security refers to the collective measures to keep sensitive information in email communication and secures it from unauthorized access, loss or compromise. Now email security has become a priority for business with an increased threat from hackers, spam, viruses, phishing, and identity theft. So it turns critical to safeguarding email account from common attacks and unauthorized access.
Malware attached email is quite destructive. Phishing emails contain malware in attachments which will look like legitimate documents or hyperlinks that lead to websites that serve malware. Opening that attachment or clicking on that link will make the device compromised. Phishing can also be used to trick recipients into sharing sensitive information. Phishing attacks against businesses often target departments that handle sensitive personal or financial data. Attackers will try to instill a sense of urgency to increase the chances of success. Phishing emails aimed at data breaching will ask recipients to confirm their login information, passwords, social security number, bank account numbers, and even credit card information. There are multiple ways to prevent data breaches.
Best practices of email security include:
• Providing a security education for employees around email security risks to avoid falling victim to such attacks.
• Using strong passwords and mandating passwords change in regular intervals.
• Using email encryption to protect both email content and the attachment.
• Implementing scanners and other tools to scan messages and prevent messages containing malware.
• Implementing a data protection solution to identify sensitive data to prevent loss.
The best practices that end users should follow to ensure email security includes:
• Avoid opening attachments and links from unknown senders.
• Avoid sharing passwords with anyone.
• Use spam filters and anti-virus software.
• Do not access company email using public wifi
By Patrick Quinn, CIO, Acuity Brands Lighting
By Ritesh Ramesh, Chief Technologist, Global Data and...
By James Streeter, Global VP Life Sciences Strategy, Oracle...
By Leebrian E. Gaskins, CIO, Texas A&M International University
By Anthony Hill, Executive Director Business & Enterprise...
By Bryan Tantzen, Senior Director, Kinetic Industry...
By Anu George, Chief Quality Officer, Morningstar
By Ron Winward, Security Evangelist, Radware
By Cynthia Johnson,Ex VP & CIO, California Resources...
By Miguel Lopes, VP, Product Line Management, Dialogic
By Hiro Imamura, Senior Vice President and General Manager,...
By Diana Bittle, Chief Technology Officer, American Fidelity
By Brady Jensen, Senior Director, Global Human Resources...
By Dave Pearson, Executive Vice President & CIO, Sykes...
By Plamen Petrov, VP, Artificial Intelligence, Anthem, Inc
By John Dyer, Deputy Chief Compliance Officer, Western Union
By Matt Rider, CIO, Information Technology, Franklin...
By Ian Glazer, Founder & President, IDPro
By Tim Skinner, Director Information Security, BlueCross...
By Brad Mitchell, CIO & Head of IT, CTBC Bank Corp. (USA)