Ensuring Food Safety with Electrostatic Intervention
FREMONT, CA: The application of electrostatic technology in food processing has been around for years, but to capture the holistic essence of it for pathogen reduction has been ineffective. The research and dedication of food safety personnel comprising experts and leading protein processors has led to innovative solutions.
The Benefits of Adopting Electrostatic Technology:
An advantage the food processing facility gets from implementing electrostatics in its antimicrobial intervention process is variable and dependent on the type and size of the procedure as well as its approach to food safety. Food tech companies often find several benefits after adopting the technology.
1. Enhancing food safety: Food processors are achieving 360-degree coverage while reinforcing methods to eliminate pathogens on food products and goods.
Check out: Top Food Service Management Tech Companies
2. Efficient usage of chemicals and water: The accuracy achieved from utilizing electrostatics can reduce waste without compromising food safety. High-efficiency transfer means processors can cut down costs and resources.
3. Water treatment cost is reduced: Protein processing facilities generate large amounts of wastewater that requires in-house treatment. Regulated use of the antimicrobial solution is economical.
4. Repair and maintenance budget decreases: The overuse of chemicals such as PAA, an antimicrobial solution, can cause unintentional damage of surfaces and equipment due to their acidic nature. The low pH levels can react to metals, causing corrosion and damage, requiring additional maintenance. The accurate application with an electrostatic method in an enclosed space decreases the overspray problem.
5. Improved indoor air quality (IAQ): Another disadvantage of over-spraying is the buildup of chemical odors in the plant. The protection of resources with precision offers a unique benefit. Minimizing the overspray enriches IAQ, resulting in a safer and healthier environment.
The benefit of electrostatic intervention includes accurate calculation of the degree of charge applied at the origin, Concentration of a chemical in the solution, and the efficiency of overall transfer.
Transforming the way a plant operates may seem risky, and adopting an innovation can come with some level of uncertainty. However, avoiding early adoption could turn out to be a disadvantage, and the food safety risks are much higher than those associated with incorporation of the opportunity.
The electrostatic technology for antimicrobial interventions creates advances in efficiency while offering protection for the public’s health and safety. The future of food safety is guarded with an added benefit of brand recognition.
Check Out: Top Public Safety Solution Companies