Five Powerful Applications of AI in Healthcare Industry
Artificial Intelligence is not just a futuristic technology; its promises of improving outcomes in various sectors are intriguing. It is being applied throughout the healthcare sector to overcome data privacy concerns and be cost-effective and efficient. Apart from the hospital uses, the innovation is deployed in wearables, trackers and numerous applications. Below are five of the AI advances in healthcare sector that is used by professionals.
1. Doctor’s assistants: Virtual assistants operate in response to voice or text and have quickly gained traction and have formed a profitable sector. These assistants can pick on orders and recommend appropriate billing codes; then the data is entered into the EHR using secure robotic processing automation.
2. Mental health apps: Undoubtedly, there is a shortage of trained mental health professionals, and therefore innovators are turning to technology. AI can assist the users by guiding them about mental health using cognitive behavioral therapy principles.
3. Female health: AI is employed for fertility and period tracking as well. Many organizations are operating AI to help women in predicting their menstrual cycle. It also includes information about the user’s health and mood and also provides daily health insights and birth control reminders.
4. Physical Therapy: A therapy robot can guide the patient through thousands of movements during a session, and can also sense the slightest response while adjusting to the patient’s continually changing physical ability. AI also responds to the patient’s physical needs and provides them with responsive feedback during their treatment and an in-depth analysis of patients.
5. Social media: AI is creeping into the world of social media as well. It has been in use to help with public health initiatives and spot abnormal behavior. Organizations are in favor of deploying AI to track social media posts that could identify if someone is at risk of suicide or in need of some counseling.
AI is supporting humans to provide faster service, diagnose issues and analyze data to identify the ongoing trends and genetic information that could provide awareness regarding a particular disease. AI is helping in transforming not only the healthcare industry but is also helping it change for every single patient.
By Michael Cockrill, CIO, State of Washington
By Brett Shockley, SVP & CIO, Avaya
By Sven Gerjets, SVP-IT, DIRECTV
By Steve Moyer, VP of Storage Software Engineering, Micron...
By Michelle R. McKenna-Doyle, SVP and CIO, National Football...
By Patrick Hale, CIO, VITAS Healthcare
By Roman Trakhtenberg, CEO, Luxoft
By Julia Davis, SVP, CIO, Aflac
By Chris Westlake, VP & GM of Service,RK
By Pauly Comtois, VP DevOps, Hearst Business Media
By Yanni Charalambous, VP & CIO, Occidental Petroleum...
By Bob Brown, VP-Production & Operations, ONE World Sports
By Arthur Hu, SVP & CIO, Lenovo
By Ron Guerrier, CIO, Farmers Insurance Group, Inc.
By Scott Cardenas, CIO, City and County of Denver
By Kevin McCarron, Vice President Collaboration, Carousel...
By Marc Kermisch, VP & CIO, Red Wing Shoe Co.
By Christopher Frenz, AVP of Information Security,...
By Brian Drozdowicz, VP, Digital Services, Siemens...
By Les Ottolenghi, EVP and CIO, Caesars Entertainment