Five Powerful Applications of AI in Healthcare Industry
Artificial Intelligence is not just a futuristic technology; its promises of improving outcomes in various sectors are intriguing. It is being applied throughout the healthcare sector to overcome data privacy concerns and be cost-effective and efficient. Apart from the hospital uses, the innovation is deployed in wearables, trackers and numerous applications. Below are five of the AI advances in healthcare sector that is used by professionals.
1. Doctor’s assistants: Virtual assistants operate in response to voice or text and have quickly gained traction and have formed a profitable sector. These assistants can pick on orders and recommend appropriate billing codes; then the data is entered into the EHR using secure robotic processing automation.
2. Mental health apps: Undoubtedly, there is a shortage of trained mental health professionals, and therefore innovators are turning to technology. AI can assist the users by guiding them about mental health using cognitive behavioral therapy principles.
3. Female health: AI is employed for fertility and period tracking as well. Many organizations are operating AI to help women in predicting their menstrual cycle. It also includes information about the user’s health and mood and also provides daily health insights and birth control reminders.
4. Physical Therapy: A therapy robot can guide the patient through thousands of movements during a session, and can also sense the slightest response while adjusting to the patient’s continually changing physical ability. AI also responds to the patient’s physical needs and provides them with responsive feedback during their treatment and an in-depth analysis of patients.
5. Social media: AI is creeping into the world of social media as well. It has been in use to help with public health initiatives and spot abnormal behavior. Organizations are in favor of deploying AI to track social media posts that could identify if someone is at risk of suicide or in need of some counseling.
AI is supporting humans to provide faster service, diagnose issues and analyze data to identify the ongoing trends and genetic information that could provide awareness regarding a particular disease. AI is helping in transforming not only the healthcare industry but is also helping it change for every single patient.
Check This Out:
CIO Review Client: Flagship
By Linda H. Butler, VP of Medical Affairs/CMO/CMIO, Rex...
By Laura Cruz, Global CIO, MDC Partners
By Greg Morrison, SVP & CIO, Cox Enterprises
By Lowell Gilvin, Chief Process Officer, Jabil
By Joe LaFeir, SVP, IS&S (Information Systems & Solutions),...
By Gerri Martin-Flickinger, CIO, Adobe Systems
By Aaron Weis, VP & CIO, Axalta Coating Systems
By Levon Hooks, CIO-Global Corporate Solutions, JLL
By Steve Bein, VP-GIS, Michael Baker International
By Sam Schoelen, Chief Information Technology Officer,...
By Georgios Kyriakopoulos, VP of Equity Research, SunTrust...
By David Sliter, VP & GM of Communications, Media &...
By Julie Stafford, SVP Strategic Consulting, Tangoe
By Dan Adam, CIO, Extreme Networks
By Scott Craig, Vice President of Product Marketing, Lexmark...
By Aaron Gette, CIO, The Bay Club Company
By Dr. Volker G. Hildebrand, Global VP, SAP Hybris
By Meerah Rajavel, CIO, Forcepoint
By Philip Loftus, SVP IT & CIO, SSM Health
By Christy Hartner, SVP, Commerce Bank