Future adoption of AI in ERP
Finance, human resource, Manufacturing, supply chain, services etc are considered the core processes needed to run a company. The process integration of these sections is made possible with Enterprise resource planning(ERP). They use the latest technologies like machine learning. ERP has many benefits like higher productivity, better insights, accelerated reporting, lower risks and improved agility.
Artificial Intelligence mainly in three ways improve ERP, they are improved decision making, automation of data thereby reducing man hours, workflow enhancement
The above mentioned are the primary applications of AI in ERP.
But the possibilities of machine learning adds to the ERP are unlimited. Below listed are the future possibilities of AI enabled ERP.
1. Virtual assistants: Chatbots that will respond to internal and external inquiries which is already used by call center agents.
2. Cargo sensors: Sensors that will help in locating ships, containers, and trucks and adjusting route if necessary to save fuel costs, check for potential thefts etc.
3. Smart warehouses: AI will be used in lay outing warehouses with improving it with new designs.
4. Mobility on the shop floor: Immediate mobile applications enabling users to handle a production line problem. Notification and alert can be sent to supervisors on change work orders.
5. Financial management: With enabling AI comparing account balances between various systems will be possible.
6. Human resources: Installing a talent acquisition software can help in the recruiting process.
7. Customer service: It can help the customer when the customer requires field service.
8. Sales automation: AI can help in building comprehensive profiles for the target.
The basic applications are already here and new services will be introduced in the coming years.
Check out: Top ERP Tech Companies
By Chris Tjotjos, VP, Cisco Solutions Practice, Black Box...
By Laura Jackson, Sr. Manager-Risk Management, ABS Consulting
By Jason Cradit, VP of Information Systems, Willbros Group
By Steve Garske, Ph.D., Senior Vice President & Chief...
By Roman Trakhtenberg, CEO, Luxoft
By Renee P Wynn, CIO, NASA
By Mike Morris, CIO, Legends
By Louis Carr, Jr., CIO, Clark County
By Andrew Macaulay, CTO, Topgolf Entertainment Group
By Dominic Casserley, President and Deputy CEO, Willis...
By Dave Nelson, SVP-Portfolio Lead, Avanade, Inc.
By Michael Cross, SVP & CIO, CommScope Holding Company Inc.
By Pauly Comtois, VP DevOps, Hearst Business Media
By Dan Adam, CIO, Extreme Networks
By Matt Schlabig, CIO, Worthington Industries
By David Tamayo, CIO, DCS Corporation
By Scott Cardenas, CIO, City and County of Denver
By Marc Kermisch, VP & CIO, Red Wing Shoe Co.
By Brian Drozdowicz, VP, Digital Services, Siemens...
By Les Ottolenghi, EVP and CIO, Caesars Entertainment