Gamification: It's All about Augmenting Engagement
Gamification is a highly efficient technique aimed at keeping individuals constantly engaged and motivated. Building it into websites, mobile apps, intranet applications and the like makes routine tasks relevant and interesting by introducing leaderboard positions, levels and badges and fosters healthy competition.
Gamification can be used in business scenarios like:
• Customer engagement platforms: By augmenting the experience of customers participating in loyalty programs, gamification increases actions like sharing referrals and responding to surveys to win points.
• Channel promotion management in fast moving consumer goods and consumer durable majors: Gamification platforms and strategies shift away from conventional methods of handling and communicating partner incentives by bringing in competition, recognition and redemption of reward points.
• Increasing employee productivity: The introduction of competition, recognition and reward points increase positive results through gamification. As an element in the employee onboarding process and other micro-learning initiatives, gamification helps learners understand better and apply the knowledge suitably.
To introduce gamification in a previously existing application, the following points need to be kept in mind:
• The technique should be in sync with other business objectives and help in attaining them. Considering the duration of the campaign, an action plan should be formulated with awareness of the campaign, budget, resources and current performance metrics
• Key Performance Indicators (KPI) should be identified and tracked to measure progress. Using analytics helps in recognizing the benefits and drawbacks of each campaign, and the changes in ROI can be effectively calculated.
Check This Out: