IGEL Technology Backs Windows 10 Devices with Its UMA
LAS VEGAS, NV: Contending market in the development of shrewd workspace management software, thin and zero client solutions, and software-defined thin clients, IGEL Technology has extended its support to Microsoft® Windows® 10 mobile and desktop workspaces with its own IGEL Unified Management Agent (UMA). UMA was first introduced in November, in the previous year.
“Managing an organization’s endpoints and executing software updates and patch management for notebook computers and desktop workstations can be long, even for the most seasoned IT pros,” said Gary Sharp, Sales Director for North America, IGEL Technology. “IGEL’s UMA, along with our entire suite of modern workspace management solutions, unburden on IT organizations by enabling them to permanently standardize the remote management of their virtual and cloud desktops, Desktop as a Service (DaaS) and Client as a Service (ClaaS) infrastructure, regardless of the desktop configuration scenario.”
IGEL UMA and the IGEL Managed Workspace
The IGEL UMA, operating as an annex of IGEL’s industry-leading UMS software, builds integrated management of virtual, cloud and desktop environments possible. It allows centralized and secure remote management of thin clients, desktop computers and notebooks running Microsoft Windows 7, the IGEL Linux operating system, Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7, and now Windows 10.
Moreover, it is not required to modify or convert an already existing Windows operating system with the IGEL UMA, one can install directly on endpoint devices, which can then be conveniently administered by the IT organization via the IGEL UMS.
Some key-notes for workspace management capabilities tendered by the IGEL UMA include:
- Modification and configuration of Internet Explorer, network settings and user interface, printer management, selected security and systems management functions within Windows 7 and Windows 10 OS;
- VDI session support for Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp, VMware Horizon and Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP);
- VNC remote assistance for help desks and support (available at zero costing via the IGEL UMS);
- Sophisticated and secure shadowing (VNC) including logging and the group-based allocation of rights; and,
- Easy configuration of routing settings and Windows firewall within the network options.
Availability and Support
A subscription agreement with the IGEL UMA is now available through Authorized IGEL Partners in North America. The IGEL UMA can be installed automatically from Active Directory, manually using and executable file, or using software packaging and distribution via third-party software.