Infinity Healthcare and Emergency Physicians Medical Group Selects VirtuMedix for Telemedicine Services
NNAPOLIS, MD: TeleCommunication Systems, provider of secure and highly reliable wireless communication technology announces that Infinity HealthCare and Emergency Physician Medical Group, PC (EPMG), two premier providers of emergency department services, have selected its VirtuMedix platform to provide secure, HIPAA-compliant telemedicine services to patients.
With the addition of these physician groups, approximately 1,000 physicians nationwide can now rely on VirtuMedix to remotely serve their patients, including those whose inability to visit the office could result in conditions that escalate into an expensive hospital stay or worse.
VirtuMedix's cloud-based architecture lets Infinity HealthCare and EPMG physicians interact with their patients anytime, anywhere and from any device, including personal computers, tablets and smartphones. This flexibility enables Infinity HealthCare and EPMG physicians to work more efficiently and effectively, provide continuous care, and maximize patient outcomes and satisfaction. VirtuMedix also facilitates the expansion of patient outreach by Infinity HealthCare and EPMG to people who are homebound or live in remote areas.
The platform features an intuitive user interface that frees physicians and patients to focus on their interaction instead of the technology. VirtuMedix makes it easy for patients to upload data from their activity trackers and similar devices, while the clinical workflows streamline physician tasks such as documentation and discharge.
VirtuMedix is a cloud-based telemedicine platform that:
- Supports patient-physician interaction anytime, anywhere and on any device, including personal computers, smartphones and tablets.
- Enables continuous care for patients whose conditions or locations make office/hospital visits, inconvenient, impractical, expensive or impossible.
- Saves money and maximizes treatment efficacy by enabling physicians to identify and treat patients' conditions in advance of a medical visit and before conditions escalate.
- Ensures highly reliable security of patient data and platform access through the first and only telemedicine solution audited for cybersecurity.
- Allows physician groups, hospitals and other caregivers to expand their patient reach, increase efficiency and differentiate themselves in the marketplace through superior, convenient care.
- VirtuMedix is the first and only telemedicine platform with a code base audited for cyber security vulnerabilities. This successful audit provides greater assurance that Infinity HealthCare and EPMG will provide highly secure access and data protection for all patients and their consultations.
By Phil Jarvis, VP, IT, Thirty-One Gifts
By Dr.Chris Ewell, CISO, Seattle Children
By Eloise Young, CIO, Philadelphia Gas Works
By Phil Stevens, CIO, The Exchange
By Herman Nell, SVP & CIO, Rent-A-Center
By John Honeycutt, CTO, Discovery Communications
By Mark Wead, Chief Enterprise Architect– North America...
By Federico Flórez, Chief Information & Innovation Officer,...
By David Berry, CIO, Daymon Worldwide
By Douglas Turk, Chief Marketing Officer, JLT Speciality
By Tekin Gulsen, CIO, Global IT & Corporate Planning...
By John Sprague, Deputy CTO, IT and the End User Architect,...
By Craig C Shrader, CIO Engagement Partner, Tatum, a...
By Bill Schimikowski, VP, Customer Experience, Fidelity...
By Tom Bressie, Vice President, Oracle Cloud
By Jeff Katz, CTO, Energy & Utilities, IBM [NYSE:IBM]
By Dr Dirk E Mahling, VP, Technology, Alliant Energy
By Steven John, CIO, AmeriPride Services
By Leon Ravenna, CISO, KAR Auction Services, Inc.