Kaspersky Lab Secures 29 New Patents to Tackle New Cyber Attacks
WOBURN, MA: Kaspersky announces the company has secured 29 patents in the Q1 of 2015. The patents boost Kaspersky Lab’s technology portfolio to cater to its customers with protection against cyber threats.
The newly obtained patients in Q1 2015 assist companies that lay greater emphasis on protecting data confidentiality and applying data encryption. Kaspersky is constantly improving its own encryption technology included in the Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business to enable reliable protection.
The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) granted Kaspersky Lab the following patents in Q1 of 2015
- System and method for robust full-drive encryption: makes the Full Disk Encryption (FDE) service more resilient. The patent describes a method to determine the optimum size of the data block and the mask of the encrypted area needed to maintain the resiliency of full disk encryption.
- System and method for controlling user access to encrypted data: describes a technology that simplifies the administration of accounts and regulation of encryption policies. This development can automatically create authenticated preloading accounts before loading the OS when using FDE
- Portable security device and methods for secure communication: The patent describes a hardware solution that mitigates the risk of authenticated data theft.
- System and method for detection of malware using behavior model scripts of security rating rules: This patent utilizes rules to determine security rating of various processes using logical operators, an approach used in System Watcher of Kaspersky’s Lab solutions.
- Flexible fingerprint for detection of malware: The patent enables generation of the same results from variety of similar files serving as a universal checksum to identify various modifications of the same malicious code. It enables reduction of antivirus database while improving detection.
- System and method for automatically configuring application control rules: This technology minimizes the errors that may occur while using several conflicting application rules by using the predetermined network model.
- System and method for detecting malicious software using malware trigger scenarios: This patent enables to create a controlled environment in which mobile applications are studied in simulated conditions where malicious code could execute payload.
- System and method for linking various protocols for controlling devices with their owners: This technology allows system administrator to apply policies and issue commands at user level in various devices associated with particular user
- System and methods of distributing antivirus checking tasks among virtual machines in a virtual network. This patent describes a technology that transfers the load on different virtual machines by dividing the protection system into two levels.
Besides these, the company has also achieved new cyber security patents from Russia’s patent agency, Rospatent. The patents are:
System and method for adaptive modification of antivirus databases for separating the records of antivirus engine database by types
System and method for protecting computer resources from unauthorized access using isolated environment for protecting organizations data against unauthorized access.