Microsoft and Yahoo Refine Their Online Search Deal
FREMONT, CA: Microsoft and Yahoo realign their business collaboration on search engine as they look forward to delivering value to advertisers and providing choice to customers.
A deal that started in 2009 where Yahoo gave up on its search business and got Microsoft’s Bing platform instead. Yahoo search got an additional tagline that said “powered by Bing.com.” As a ten year long partnership, the aim was to reign in on Google’s supremacy over online search business that controlled 65 percent of the search across the globe. Yahoo in those times had an 18 percent market share in online search.
With renewed deal, while there are no changes in the financial transaction framework, however, amendments have been made in the form of Yahoo’s increased flexibility to enhance the search experience on any platform.
A Yahoo press release read: “Microsoft will become the exclusive salesforce for ads delivered by Microsoft’s Bing Ads platform, while Yahoo will continue to be the exclusive salesforce for Yahoo’s Gemini ads platform. Integrating the sales teams with those responsible for engineering will allow both companies to service advertisers more effectively. Microsoft and Yahoo plan to begin to transition managed advertiser sales responsibilities this summer.”
Yahoo will continue to keep 88 percent of the revenue generated from search advertisements on its websites and the remaining 12 percent is reserved for Microsoft.
By Michael Hedges, VP and CIO, Medtronic
By Susan Doniz, Global CIO, Aimia
By Scott Welty, VP-Retail Strategy, JDA Software
By Deborah Gash, VP & CIO, Saint Luke’s Health System
By Bill Krivoshik, SVP & CIO, Time Warner Inc.
By Alberto Ruocco, CIO, American Electric Power
By Lisa Feldner, VC for Institutional Research & IT, North...
By Jim Kaskade, VP and GM, Big Data & Analytics, CSC
By Tom West, M.B.A., CIO, Nova Southeastern University
By Laura Jackson, Sr. Manager-Risk Management, ABS Consulting
By Bob Fecteau, CIO, SAIC
By Edward Grassia, CIO, Washoe County School District
By Henry Bailey, Global VP, Utilities IBU, SAP
By Elizabeth Hackenson, CIO & SVP of Global Business...
By Rosello, SVP & CIOO, Alliance Data Card Services
By Joseph Santamaria, CIO, PSEG [NYSE: PEG]
By Bill Schimikowski, VP, Customer Experience, Fidelity...
By Chad Lindbloom, CIO, C.H. Robinson
By Denise Zabawski, CIO, Nationwide Children's Hospital
By Charles Koontz, President & CEO, GE Healthcare IT & Chief...