Networking Technology Innovations to Make Their Presence Felt in 2015
FREMONT, CA: Computer networking is undergoing a technology transition and virtualization sits at the heart of this transition. Network transparency and centralized control are on the prominent demands from the global customers of the network industry. Marcus Jewell, VP EMEA, Brocade predicts on the network technology trends that will make headways in the networking world in 2015:
1. New IP on the horizon: As technology evolution continues unabatedly, computer networking is moving from being a closed and opaque transmission of packets to a networking paradigm which is open, software-driven, and user-centric. Bringing about this change is the ‘New IP’, a cutting edge virtual IP platform which blends with the current hot technologies such as mobile, cloud computing, and IoT. Unshackling from the limitations of the proprietary network protocols, New IP promises greater scalability, agility, centralized intelligence and management and much more.
2. Greater SDN and NFV Adoption in the Network Infrastructure: in 2015, SDN and NFV are expected to witness widespread adoption across networking infrastructure in the organizations spanning the globe. Open technologies are going to play key role in bringing about this increasing adoption. As customers look for greater choice and flexibility, new standards focused on interoperability may see a rise.
3. IoT making its presence felt in the business world: Gartner has predicted that 26Bn connected units are expected to be installed by 2020. “Businesses will need to cope with an ever-growing network of connected devices generating and accessing data. Many of these connected technologies will be brought on to existing corporate or public networks, making investment in the underlying infrastructure that supports these advancements absolutely essential,” Jewell adds.
4. Virtual workspace, a must have: Companies can be expected to implement virtual workspaces to address the growing demands of the employees. Virtualized workspaces offers flexibility for the employees and the organizations have to make sure they have the right network in place in order to deliver flexibility.
5. A better strategy for privacy: Jwell points out that data leaks or breaches can affect an organization’s credibility and value, big time. A closer attention to detail with regard to the location and the manner in which the sensitive commercial or customer data is stored is required for organizations to better protect their data.