Open for Business: RSA Conference 2018 Accepting Submissions for 13th Annual RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest
Contest that catapulted the most innovative startups to see $1.38 billion in investments, a dozen acquisitions in the past 5 years, is now accepting submissions for 2018 competition
BEDFORD, MA: RSA Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, today announces that the 13th annual RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest is now accepting submissions to name the “RSAC Most Innovative Startup 2018.” Past winners include successful companies such as Phantom, Waratek, Invincea and most recently UnifyID.
Since the first contest in 2009, RSA Conference Innovation Sandbox has established itself as a leading platform for entrepreneurial cyber security companies to launch their ground-breaking research and innovation. In the past five years alone, the contest’s top 10 finalists have collectively seen 12 acquisitions and have received $1.38 billion in investments.
“Startups are the ultimate drivers of innovation in the security industry. Their research and revolutionary products hold the promise for solving some of the world’s biggest security challenges. With that in mind, everyone from VCs to established security brands look to RSA Conference as a major advocate and supporter of startups through initiatives like ISB,” said TheresiaGouw, co-founder of Aspect Ventures and Program Committee Member for Innovation and Entrepreneur Seminar and RSAC Early Stage Expo. “I’m eager to see the ideas and energy coming from the companies at ISB this year and the impact they will have on the industry for decades to come.”
To further support emerging infosec startups, this year’s Conference will again host 45 companies with less than $5 million in revenue in the RSAC Early Stage Expo area. The RSAC Early Stage Expo is an innovation space dedicated to promoting up-and-comers in the industry. During the conference, entrepreneurs and interested attendees are also encouraged to attend an Innovation and Entrepreneur Seminar, where they’ll learn more about validating a good idea, finding funding and launching a company.
For the first time, the RSA Conference Innovation Sandbox Contest will be working with leading business information destination, Crunchbase. This partnership supports the Conference’s goal to advance the information security industry forward by shining a light on groundbreaking security companies.
The RSA Conference Innovation Sandbox Contest will begin at 1:30 PM PT on Monday, April 16 in the Marriott Marquis - Yerba Buena Ballroom, a new location from the 2017 event. Participants will pitch their security solutions in front of a live audience that has in the past included venture capital professionals, industry experts, senior level business practitioners and thought leaders. Five industry veterans will judge the competition and select a winner. The winner will be announced at 4:30 PM PT on April 16.
A summary of the criteria to compete in the event include:
• The product has been in the market for less than one year (launched after January 2017)
• The product matches an identified problem in the information security marketplace
• The product takes an original and sound approach to solving a problem and has the potential to make a significant impact on information security
• The product is validated through a client’s beta testing or purchase of product
• The product can be demonstrated live and on-site during the RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest
• The company has a management team with a track record of successfully delivering products to market
• The company is privately held, with less than $5M in revenue in 2017
After the submission period ends on Friday, February 9, 2018 at 8 PM PT:
• Entries will be reviewed and ranked by a panel of judges that include venture capital professionals, CISOs and other outstanding industry experts in early March 2018
• The top 10 ranked companies will be notified in mid-March 2018 and invited to demo their products and present their business plan to the judging panel and attendees live on Monday, April 16, 2018 at the RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest
• The top 10 finalists will be recognized on the RSA Conference website with company and product profiles, and will be promoted in other RSA Conference public relations efforts
More information regarding RSA Conference 2018, taking place at the Moscone Center and the Marriott Marquis in San Francisco from April 16-20, can be found at: www.rsaconference.com.