Outstanding Papers Take the Stage at EDI CON USA 2018
Norwood, Mass. - EDI CON USA, the industry event that brings together RF/microwave and high-speed digital design engineers and system integrators in Santa Clara Convention Center on October 17 and 18, announces the finalists in the Outstanding Paper Awards competition for 2018.
Papers were judged on relevance and technical merit by the EDI CON USA Technical Advisory Committee. Winners will be announced on October 18th at 4:30 PM in the Frequency Matters Theater on the show floor. Congratulations to the finalists:
Simulation and Modeling Finalists
• Cut-off Frequency Prediction for MMW Coaxial Interconnects
Authors: Tom Clupper (WL Gore & Assoc), Charlotte Blair (ANSYS), and James Broomall (WL Gore & Assoc)
• Causality in Power Delivery Network (PDN) Extractions in Package & Board
Author: Vinod Arjun Huddar (Western Digital)
5G and Advanced Communications Finalists
• RF Front-end Technology and Tradeoffs for 5G mmWave Fixed Wireless Access
Author: Bror Peterson (Qorvo)
• Realistic Antenna Array Modeling for 5G Communications
Author: Laila Salman (ANSYS Canada)
• Spatial Filters for Wireless Communication
Authors: Edward Liang and Te-Kao Wu (MCV Microwave)
• Advances in Technology and Design of UWB mmWave Planar and Non-Planar Diplexers for Applications up to 100GHz
Author: Irfan Ashiq (NI Components)
• RF Technology for 5G mmwave Basestations
Author: Thomas Cameron (Analog Devices)
• All-Silicon Active Antennas for High Performance mmWave Systems
Authors: Alastair Upton and Ian Gresham (Anokiwave)
RF and Microwave Design Finalists
• Design of a Compact, Planar Triplexer Covering DC to 9 GHz and Implemented on Low-Cost Softboard
Authors: Utkarsh Unnikrishna and Paul Khanna (National Instruments)
• IQ Impairments and Correction in Wideband Transmitters
Author: Shannon Wanner (iDirect)
• Optimization Approaches for Digital Controlled Tunable Filters for Receivers
Authors: Yarkin Yigit (ASELSAN) and Erdem Yazgan (TED University)
• A Traceable Workflow for Software Defined Radio Development
Authors: Travis Collins and Andrei Cozma (Analog Devices)
• Reliability Without Hermeticity: Further Development in Commercial Vapor Deposited Coatings for High-Frequency RF Microelectronics
Authors: Scott Morrison and Shannan O'Shaughessy (GVD Corporation)
• Network Synthesis Accelerates Impedance Matching Circuit Design
Authors: Dr. John Dunn (AWR) and Ben Parry (National Instruments)
Signal Integrity Finalists
• Practical Application of the IEEE P370 Standard for Measurement of Interconnects up to 50 GHz
Author: Jay Diepenbrock (SIRF Consultants)
• IEEE P370: A Fixture Design and Data Quality Metric Standard for Interconnects up to 50 GHz
Author: Jay Diepenbrock (SIRF Consultants)
• Signal Integrity Analysis on Integrated Thin Film High Density Organic Package Technology for Next Generation Applications
Authors: Surender Singh and Taranjit Kukal (Cadence Design System)
• Demystifying Edge Launch Connectors
Authors: Raul Stavoli, Davi Correia, and Emad Soubh (Carlisle Interconnect Technologies)
• COM for PAM4 Link Analysis – What You Need to Know
Authors: Geoffrey Zhang, Min Huang, and Hongtao Zhang (Xilinx)
• Via Characterization and Modeling by Z Input Impedance
Author: Heesoo Lee (Keysight Technologies)
• Comparison of Embedded Coplanar Waveguide and Stipline for Multi-Layer Boards
Author: Milica Markovic (California State University Sacramento)
Test and Measurement Finalists
• High Speed/mm-wave Measurement-Based Model Development: Uncertainties and Model Sensitivities
Author: Jon Martens (Anritsu)
• Methods for Permittivity, Permeability, and Loss Measurements of Polymer Composite Magneto-Dielectric Laminates
Authors: Allen Horn III, Christopher Caisse, Patricia LaFrance, and Karl Sprentall (Rogers Corporation)
Power Integrity Finalist
• The 2-Port Shunt-Thru Measurement and the Inherent Ground Loop
Authors: Anto Davis and Steve Sandler (Picotest)
In addition to the two full days of conference programming, EDI CON USA offers special events including EDI CON University, the 5G Symposium, the High-Speed Digital Symposium, workshops, and panels. The event also includes a celebration of innovation in the EDI CON EXPO hall, complete with show-floor networking opportunities, happy hour, and speed trainings.
Check This Out:
By Leni Kaufman, VP & CIO, Newport News Shipbuilding
By George Evans, CIO, Singing River Health System
By John Kamin, EVP and CIO, Old National Bancorp
By Elliot Garbus, VP-IoT Solutions Group & GM-Automotive...
By Gregory Morrison, SVP & CIO, Cox Enterprises
By Alberto Ruocco, CIO, American Electric Power
By Sam Lamonica, CIO & VP Information Systems, Rosendin...
By Sergey Cherkasov, CIO, PhosAgro
By Pascal Becotte, MD-Global Supply Chain Practice for the...
By Stephen Caulfield, Executive Director, Global Field...
By Shamim Mohammad, SVP & CIO, CarMax
By Ronald Seymore, Managing Director, Enterprise Performance...
By Brad Bodell, SVP and CIO, CNO Financial Group, Inc.
By Jim Whitehurst, CEO, Red Hat
By Clark Golestani, EVP and CIO, Merck
By Scott Craig, Vice President of Product Marketing, Lexmark...
By Dave Kipe, SVP, Global Operations, Scholastic Inc.
By Meerah Rajavel, CIO, Forcepoint
By Amit Bahree, Executive, Global Technology and Innovation,...
By Greg Tacchetti, CIO, State Auto Insurance