Points to Consider When Outsourcing Application Development
Developing Software or an Application is not a herculean task if one finds the right method to approach the process. Building an app needs a compelling strategy and enterprises can create the software on their own or outsource it to developing companies with striking a perfect deal. The deal can end up being profitable if the outsourcing company provides the appropriate services for least amount of money. Enterprises don’t want to end up being with those developers who lack the knowledge of market trends. The Quality Assurance should remain the main criteria along with the development of application. The Quality Assurance reflects the sophistication of the work which outsourcing company provides and gives a fair idea about their approach towards deadlines. It doesn’t come as easy as it sounds; various challenges and issues accompany outsourcing process.
Steps to Seamless Outsourcing Software Development.
Once an enterprise has identified their outsourcing partners, they need to follow these simple steps to make the outsourcing effective in the interest of the organization.
1. Understanding the Requirement: Once the idea of application is shot towards the developers, enterprises need to lay emphasis on providing a clearer and smarter picture of their requirements. This can be done by holding presentations and demonstrations in front of the developers. The detailed specification of the end product needs to be briefed and all the clauses of documentation must be explained. Chalking out a perfect presentation should be the entire focus, as from the word go developers should know which direction they are going. Enterprise should ask the developers their ideas of approaching the application to get a hint of their approach in difficult situations while developing the application.
2. Testing Tools: Sophistication of testing tools is considerably important in order to get the proper responses while developing. These tools must be checked prior to handing over of project to the developer team. Quality assurance team needs to be advised to keep a check to ensure that nothing is broken and modified while making changes in the application. Methods like waterfall can be implemented in structuring the whole outsourcing process. Progress flows from the top to the bottom, like a cascading waterfall in this model where requirements, design, implementation and testing is done.
3. Timeline itemization: The process of developing the application and all its little intricacies in certain timelines should be defined beforehand. This helps in keeping track of process and sets expectations for enterprises when the application would be ready. Requesting the breakdown of the timeline at the beginning can involve all the team member of developers to get engaged into the process to carry out a productive process and can live up-to the expectation of enterprises.
4. Consistent Feedback: Once timelines are set and testing of ongoing process is done on regular basis, enterprises need to give timely feedback to the developers to let them know what to add and what to remove. Once the development reaches the beta stage the interaction between the outsourcing company and the clients should amplify to get into the intricacies of the process to ensure the process is going on the right course. This constant review helps the process not deviate from its actual orbit and the expectation is fulfilled from both sides.
5. Pool Resources: Involving the developing partner in making decisions about features of the applications can build the trust among both parties. The app developer team would have a bundle of experience in developing the apps and they can be of huge help in making intricate decisions about new features and characteristics of the app. This collaborative approach will be productive as the developer would be keen to make important decisions as he/she would part of the product. This approach can lead to significant development of the application can help cracking future business deals among the companies.
6. Testing: Testing of the application concludes the whole process of outsourcing. Application is run online as well on the devices it is supposed to. It is thoroughly examined by both the parties and bugs are removed accordingly by timely updates. Internet testing is equally important as the paradigm of IT has shifted to internet, so most of these apps and software work online. So testing it online and offline with automated testing tools helps to identify bugs and accordingly remove them for a seamless running of software.