Qualcomm Introduces DragonBoard 410c Design to Fuel Innovation in Embedded Systems
SAN DIEGO, CA: Qualcomm Technologies introduces new low-cost development board design based on the 64-bit capable Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor. Through this design, the company makes an earnest attempt to fuel innovation and rapid software development and prototyping for commercializing new products and innovations. OEMs and developers can leverage the feature-rich functionality to build embedded computing solutions for IoE industries and more.
DragonBoard 410c platform is a credit card sized development kit based on the 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor that works on enablement technology to facilitate support and design services and support off-the-shelf or custom system-on-modules for commercial deployments.
The new platform is compatible with 96Boards Consumer Edition for supporting hardware structure to create multiple compatible add-on products, shields and accessories. 96Boards, an open platform specification, defines a fixed set and location for minimum functions such as USB (Universal Serial Bus), SD (Secure Digital) and HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) connectors that focuses on mobile, embedded and digital home segments.
The key features of DragonBoard 410c platformare:
- Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPUs with up to 1.2GHz per core with 64-bit capability
-Qualcomm Adreno 306 GPU with 400MHz high quality graphics.
- The processor supports up to 13 megapixel camera with post-processing techniques such as Wavelet Noise Reduction and JPEG decoder with capability of 1080p HD video playback and capture with H.264 AVC (Any Video Convertor).
- The new platform supported for Android and Linux operating system has LPDDR2/3 533MHz Single-channel 32-bit memory with speed of 4.2GBps and non-POP/ eMMC 4.51 SD 3.0 (UHS-I) multimedia card with Qualcomm VIVE 802.11 b/g/n for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and FM connectivity.
- It includes 1x 40 pin low speed as well as 1x 60 pin high speed expansion connectors and analog expansion connectors to support headsets, speakers and FM antenna.
- DragonBoard includes HDMI Full-size Type A connector for 1080p High-Definition (HD) at 30 frame per second rate, 1x USB 2.0 micro B for device only, 2x USB 2.0 type A for host mode only and micro SD card slot.