Retrospect Introduces Retrospect Backup 17.5 with Cloud Updates and Latest Apple Support
Retrospect announces the general availability (GA) release of Retrospect Backup 17.5.
FREMONT, CA: Retrospect is a StorCentric company, announces today the general availability (GA) release of Retrospect Backup 17.5, which consists of new cloud storage provider certifications and platform updates for Apple macOS as performance enhancements to Retrospect Management Console. The enhancements ensure that customers worldwide can leverage the latest Apple technology and utilize an ever-growing number of cloud providers for off-site data protection.
Retrospect Backup 17.5 for Windows and Mac and Retrospect Management Console include the following new features:
· Amazon S3 Virtual-Host Path Support: Retrospect 17.5 is now certified for Amazon S3's new bucket URL style, requiring virtual-host paths as of September 30, 2020. Retrospect continues to support Amazon S3's original path-style URLs without any additional configuration. Existing customers do not need to update their settings.
· Cloud Certifications: Retrospect 17.5 is now certified for Alibaba Cloud, Webair, and Backblaze B2's S3 API.
· macOS Big Sur Support: Retrospect 17.5 is now certified for Apple's latest macOS version: Big Sur, due out soon.
· Apple Silicon Support: Retrospect 17.5 is now certified for Apple Silicon, the new chipset from Apple.
· Improved Performance: Retrospect Management Console is now significantly faster and can handle larger Retrospect instances, making it the easiest way to monitor and manage an extensive backup infrastructure.
"We understand that businesses require support for the latest platforms on day one," says JG Heithcock, GM of Retrospect. Consequently, we remain fiercely committed to delivering just that. "He continued, With this announcement, Retrospect continues to be at the forefront of delivering the most comprehensive platform and cloud storage provider support, which now includes macOS Big Sur and Apple Silicon, as well as dozens of cloud storage providers. This provides our customers with greatest freedom and flexibility to choose the solution that can best meet their IT, business, and budgetary requirements."