Springbrook Releases Cloud 2.0 for Local Governments
PORTLAND, OR: Springbrook Software, provider of cloud-based fund accounting and utility billing enterprise software solutions, has announced the release of Springbrook Cloud 2.0 for local government. The new version is accompanied with features that are meant to distinguish Springbrook from legacy ERP vendors.
"We could simply host multiple instances of our on-premise software and call it cloud, or we could build a true cloud solution from the ground-up. Cloud 2.0 gives local governments currently using outdated legacy solutions the option to upgrade to a multi-tenant, high performance, scalable application optimized for the elastic cloud," says Doug Evans, Chief Technology Officer at Springbrook.
A few key characteristics of a cloud-based application explained by Evans include:
- A single, multi-tenant version of the software shared by all customers
- On-demand scalability to meet rapidly changing requirements
- Regularly-scheduled updates pushed out automatically with little downtime
- Accessibility from anywhere with only a computer and an internet connection
- Built-in Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Service
Cloud computing has a dominant role in the private computer market. Springbrook CEO Steve Rementeria stresses that public market is not trailing behind. "Cloud 2.0 offers an enormous amount of value to cities and districts," says Rementeria. "While all the other vendors are just hosting their legacy software, we created a completely new product that lets our clients take advantage of all the benefits a true cloud solution can offer. This really will change the way local governments do business."