Julia Davis joined Aflac in July 2013 as senior vice president; chief information officer. In her position, Julia oversees the day-to-day operations and strategic initiatives of Aflac’s Information Technology Division. Before joining Aflac, she most recently served as chief information officer at American Safety Insurance (ASI).
While at Aflac, Julia has been honored with several prestigious awards and recognitions, including:
- Two American Business Awards: the 2016 Silver Stevie honoree in the Information Technology Executive of the Year category and the 2015 Silver Stevie honoree in the Female Executive of the Year category;
- Computerworld's Premier 100 Technology Leaders for 2016;
- Profiles in Diversity Journal’s 2015 Women Worth Watching;
- Insurance Networking News’ 2015 Women in Insurance Leadership;
- Evanta’s 2015 Top 10 Breakaway Leader Award; and
- Finalist for the 2015 Georgia CIO of the Year award.
During her tenure, Aflac has also received multiple honors, including:
- InformationWeek’s 2016 Elite 100 list - Aflac IT ranked at No. 21;
- Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT for 2016 - Aflac IT ranked at No. 49; and
- The CIO 100 Award.
Julia began her career in the U.S. Air Force as a software engineer and earned the rank of captain. She received a bachelor’s degree in engineering physics from Lehigh University and a master’s degree in system administration from St. Mary’s University.